Pushing Yourself Through a Tough Workout

Sometimes exercise just feels hard and not on the top of the "to do" list. Times like this may require getting creative with self-motivation. Can you relate?

I needed my interval timer clipped on this morning. It was a necessary tool to keep me pushing hard through my workout. Sometimes, music does it for me, but today was different. I needed more incentive to move it.

Self-Motivation

I depend on me for motivation and that can be hard sometimes. Being a trainer doesn't exclude me from needing a kick in the butt when I feel like a slug. This is when discipline is heavily relied upon to turn up the motivation.

Schedules can get busy, time seems limited, and workouts lacking. We can all relate to weeks or months like this. You may be asking yourself how a workout can get done or even pushed through when you are barely making it through the day.

You may not think you can do it, but you can. If you dig deep enough, you will find the motivation to make it happen. 

Stay Determined

Pushing yourself through a workout means staying determined. Use whatever time you have, even 20 minutes to exercise. You may not think it's enough, but any time is better than no time.

A determined attitude maintains health as a priority. This means a busy schedule isn't an excuse not to exercise. It means you are being creative with your time and doing what you can with the time you have.

Stay Positive 

Staying positive is an important part of being healthy. It also helps you remain positive about your workouts. You understand regular exercise is an important component of a healthy lifestyle and body.

Your body achieves what the mind believes. This means a positive attitude promotes the motivation to take care of your health. This includes workouts, eating right, and getting plenty of rest.

Turn Off to Turn On Motivation

Is your schedule overloaded? Have you considered turning off some busy time to motivate your workouts?

I find when my calendar is too full, my stress increases, motivation tanks, and workouts can suffer. Applying better time management and saying "no" to certain commitments made all the difference to balance my life.

Find Tools That Work For You

Sometimes having different motivational tools can be helpful. The interval timer works for me.

The following exercise tips to increase motivation may help you stay on track and push through those hard workouts:


  • Perform exercise that you enjoy.
  • Apply good time management for a balanced life.
  • Schedule your workout like an appointment.
  • Listen to fun, energizing music.
  • Try an interval timer.
  • Enjoy a black cup of coffee or green tea 30 minutes before your workout.
  • Enlist a workout partner and push each other.
  • Use an exercise application to keep you accountable.
  • Try a new exercise video series.
  • Change up your workout routine to reduce boredom.
  • Fun exercise attire can boost exercise confidence.
  • Hire a qualified and licensed personal trainer. 

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Remember to subscribe and never miss a free update.

LEAVE A COMMENT















Post a Comment

0 Comments